With this PCB it is possible to eliminate the use of old 2708 and 2716 EPROM from 1G CPU board.
A few simple steps:
- Set correct jumper configuration for 2716 IC1 EPROM
- Place this PCB on IC1 socket
- Connect 3 wire from IC11 (pin 11-12-13) of main CPU.
- ONLY in case of 27512 EPROM, you can have more games (8 max) selectable by dip-switch. So you can compose it as you like. It’s very simple: copy command under Windows or
- Set dip-switch with your game.
Using cat command from Linux terminal:
cat eprom.IC1 eprom.IC2 [...] > eprom.IC
For those who use Windows, from command shell do this command:
copy /B eprom.IC1 + eprom.IC2 + [...] eprom.IC
Below an example with table:
cat hot.bin fire_mountain.bin locomotion.bin str.bin hot_free.bin stargod.bin space_shuttle.bin hod.bin > rom_pack.bin
|Shooting the Rapid||0||1||1|
|Hot Wheels Free Play||1||0||0|
|House of Diamonds||1||1||1|
>> ATTENTION: If a 2764 is used, the dip-switch remain fixed A15 OFF, A14 OFF, A13 ON <<
Assembly & board information:
ROM Download (fitted to 8k):
- Hot Wheels original – free play
- Fire Mountain original – free play
- Locomotion original – free play
- Shooting the Rapid original – free play
- Star god original (1B1125) (1B1144) – free play (1B1125) (1B1144)
- Space Shuttle original – free play
- House of Diamonds original – free play
- Future World original – free play
- Earth Wind Fire original (1B1146) (1B1144) – free play (1B1146) (1B1144)
- Winter Sport original – free play
NOTE: HORROR Pinball (by Pinball Shop) it’s based on Space shuttle ROM, so it is the same!
All original ROMS are downloaded from www.zaccaria-pinball.com
Need some question? Want try this solution but don’t have the correct instruments?
Contact me, it will be a pleasure to help you.